Why you manifest things you don’t want
Have you sometimes been asking yourself why you seem to manifest “bad” things into your life over and over again? In this post, I will reveal why you keep on manifesting things you don’t want – and what it means by “you get what you focus on”. Sit tight!
When unwanted things show up in your life
Have you felt like everything that you DON’T want seem to show up in your life, one thing after an other? Does it feel like you’re in a bad circle of negative manifestations that you cannot seem to brake through?
If you can relate, I want you to know that you’re not alone.
It is quite common to manifest unwanted things in your life, unconsciously.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. You can brake this trend and shift from manifesting the unwanted to actually manifest the things you do want.
An example of that you get what you focus on
Marie want to manifest money. However, she doesn’t think she has what it takes, since the only thing she sees in her mail are bills. She is in debt and working hard to earn money for her down payment.
She would be happy if she only would win the lottery jackpot or just manifest $1 Million Dollar just like that! She would love to get out of debt!
When she’s visualizing, she’s trying so hard and focus on how to get out of debt.
But no lottery win shows up and the debt is still a fact…
Now, let me ask you. Do you see the how Marie is focusing on debt in the simple example here?
When she focuses on debt, she’ll receive more debt. By focusing on to get out of debt, debt will be there. She gets what she focuses on. Period.
You get what you focus on
So, why does this happen – you may be asking? Well, the thing is – that you get what you focus on. What you focus on expands. Always.
Your predominant thoughts create your reality. And what is a predominant thought? A predominant thought is basically what you think of most of the time.
Therefore, It’s good to pay attention and be aware of your thoughts and feelings.
I’m not saying that you should be aware and take notice of each and every thought you have during your awaken hours. Absolutely not. That would be impossible, and that’s not the point either.
A better approach – since you get what you focus on – is to simply be aware. Be aware, and then shift to focusing on what you DO want.
When you’re feeling low
I know, I know. You have days and you will have days when you’ll feel low. We all have those days once in a while. And that’s fine. One low-vibe day here and there won’t sabotage your manifestations.
But when you have low-vibe days, it might not be the best time to visualize your innermost desires.
Instead, your main focus those days should be to raise your vibration and do what you can to feel good. The practice of gratitude can help you raise your vibration quickly!
When you feel good, that means your vibration is at the upper end of the scale. If you want to learn more about how you can boost your vibration, THIS article may interest you!
The manifesting process
Let me go through the manifestation process very briefly. If you’re read my previous blog posts, see this as repetition. Repetition is good, that will improve your learning. If you feel like you know this process by heart, by all means – scroll down!
- First and foremost, you have to know what it is that you want. Remember, vague and/or random desires create vague and/or random results. Which is a no-no if you want to manifest successfully.
- So.. since you get what you focus on, it’s time to focus – it’s time to visualize. How does it feel when your desire already manifested?
- Then, it’s essential to let go of how and when your desire will show up. You get what you focus on, but your job isn’t to focus on HOW or WHEN it will manifest. That’s the Universe’s job.
- When you know what you want, you’ve visualized and let go of how and when – you have one more thing left in the manifesting equation. That is to take inspired action towards your desire. One small step is enough. But you have to act upon it, you can’t hesitate when you get an inspired thought.
Summary – What you focus on expands
So, what have we covered here in this post?
- If you only remember one thing from this post, remember that you get what you focus on. What you focus on expands. Whether you like it or not.
- Your predominant thoughts form your future. Meaning, what you think of most of the time.
- You can simply make a shift and start focusing on what you DO want instead, and make that your predominant thought!
- It’s no harm done by having a low-vibe day with frustration and even anger, you can easily shift from low-vibe to higher frequencies by practicing gratitude.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you know someone who would benefit from reading this, feel free to share it! Sharing is caring.
With love, light & gratitude